London Broncos faced Storm Dennis head on this weekend and made the trip to Widnes Vikings in round three of the BetFred Championship.

The Broncos started the brighter of the two sides with early pressure culminating in the end of two sets on the Widnes Vikings line and with Krasniqi being held up over the line but it was the home side who opened the scoring on 10 minutes as a penalty against the Broncos was converted by Owens to lead two points to nil.

The Broncos hit back 5 minutes later, however, as a high ball from Fozard was wrestled into Broncos hands and from the resulting play there was Josh Walters to score the try. Dixon missed wide and the visitors were ahead  four points to two.

Another four minutes passed and on a promising Widnes attack the pass went to Dixon’s hands and he was gone. 70 metres later he was over under the posts. He converted his own try and we led further by ten to two. The try was a milestone for the winger as he reached a century of tries for the Broncos.

The visitors kept on pressing while playing some really good rugby and within another four minutes had scored again. Fozard ran it on the last and went over for the third try of the afternoon and when Dixon again converted the score was now out to 16 points to two.

The Broncos kept on pushing forward and were stopped short of the line on two occasions as Curran & Armitage were both denied.

Thirty two minutes ticked around and the Broncos were over again this time it was Eddie Battye who took a pass from a turning Pelissier to crash over for his first of the season. Dixon again converted and the visitors now led by 22 points to two.

Pelissier was playing for the first time in eight months and looked hungry for the action when he came on and it wasn’t long before the Frenchman was on the scoresheet himself as he took on the line on 37 minutes and managed to get the ball down. Dixon missed the conversion and at the hooter the Broncos led by 26 points to two after a great first half display.

The second half got underway and it was Widnes Vikings who drew first blood, on 49 minutes, as the ball was played through hands out wide and Deon Cross went over in the corner. Owens missed the conversion and the gap had closed to 6 – 26.

Both sides made mistakes in the ensuing sets but it was London who would strike again next through Tuoyo Egodo on 59 minutes when another pass from Widnes found Broncos hands and the winger was away and over behind the posts. Dixon stepped up and slotted the extras and its was now out to 6 – 32.

Widnes did not lie down at this point but kept throwing the ball around and on 67 minutes were rewarded when Jack Owens went down the touchline and over behind the posts. He converted his own try and the score was now 12 – 32.

The game clock ticked down towards 80 minutes but the Broncos were not done as when Cory Aston collected a chip over the top from the hosts the half back danced through the line and won the foot race to score under the posts. Fozard converted and as the hooter went the Broncos had taken the win 12 – 38 and had stretched their season to three wins out of three.

Next up they face York City Knights in The Coral Challenge Cup before the visit of Featherstone Rovers on March 1st.

LONDON BRONCOS :- Meadows, Dixon, Ogden, Armitage, Egodo, Fozard, Aston, Butler, Davis, Krasniqi, Walters, Curran, Battye

INTERCHANGE :- Norman, Hindmarsh, Williams, Pelissier

TRIES :- Walters 15′, Dixon 19′, Fozard 23′, Battye 32′, Pelissier 37′, Egodo 56′, Aston 77′

GOALS :- Dixon 4/6, Fozard 1/1

WIDNES VIKINGS :- Owens, Johnson, Roby, Spedding, Cross, Patton, Smith, T.Chapelhow, Tomins, Moran, Wilde, Grady, Leuluai

INTERCHANGES :- Lyons, Edge, Latu, Farnworth

TRIES :- Cross 49′, Owens 67′

GOALS :- 2/3