06 Jul 19
By Media Team
Posted in Team News

A tale of two halves.

London Broncos were beaten at home on Sunday 6th of July as a very strong Warrington Wolves side came out of the blocks and nilled the hosts in the first half.

The Broncos had come off of the back of defeat to Castleford and had jumped to 11th before the game on points difference.

Warrington came out firing on all cylinders and within six minutes had opened the scoring out wide as Dixon lost a high ball and Tom Lineham went over. Dec Patton converted as he did all afternoon and the visitors led.

The Broncos had a period of pressure which saw the Wolves drop the kick off. A penalty followed for the hosts but they could not make the most of it as a knock stopped their progress.

14 minutes in and Mike Cooper took an inside ball and crashed over without much Broncos resistance to open the gap further and with Patton converting again it was 12 – 0.

The Wolves again dropped the ball on the restart and again London could not capitalise before giving away a penalty for a ball strip and the visitors made sure they made the most of the opportunity.

They moved the ball through hands and out wide to Bryson Goodwin who broke the tackle and went over in the corner. Patton converted and the home fans were beginning to wonder where our first points were coming from.

London lost halfback, Morgan Smith on 22 minutes to injury and on came Matty Fozard meaning a switch around for the capital side. The impact was straight away as Dixon tore off after an interception only to be hauled down just in the Warrington half. But alas again mistakes cost the Broncos as the pass went into touch and the chance was gone.

Mamo was next to score  on 24 minutes and when Jack Hughes and Toby King went over before the hooter the lead had stretched to 36 Р0 and left the Broncos with a lot to do.

The Broncos came out early for the second half and had a lot more determination about them and it finally apid off on 43 minutes when a break from dummy half by Fozard saw him over for the try. Dixon converted and the Broncos looked like a different side.

Great attack and defence from both sides ensued until finally on 72 minutes the Broncos thought they had scored again through Fleming only for it to be chalked off by the referee.

Danny Ward will see the positives in a tale of two halves and the Broncos will pick themselves up and go again next week away at Hull FC.

LONDON BRONCOS :- Walker, Dixon, Hellewell, Kear, Williams, Abdull, Smith, Richards, Cunningham, Butler, Adebiyi, Gee, Yates

INTERCHANGES :- Battye, Ioane, Fleming, Fozard

TRIES :- Fozard

Goals :- Dixon 1/1

WARRINGTON WOLVES :- Mamo, Lineham, Goodwin, King, Charnley, Austin, Patton, Tasi, D.Clark, Cooper, Currie, Hughes, Davis

INTERCHANGES :- Burrell, Philbin, J.Clark, Walker

TRIES :- Mamo, King, Hughes, Cooper, Goodwin, Lineham

GOALS :- Patton 6/6