17 Aug 19
By Media Team
Posted in Team News

Broncos bring the heat in Perpignan

London Broncos travelled to Perpignan with the memories of their win earlier in the season still fresh in their minds. The Capital side were looking to replicate the win and move themselves closer to the three teams above them only two points away.

In a game that saw Olsi Krasniqi make his 100th appearance for the club and Guy Armitage make his Super League debut the Broncos came in knowing only a win would do.

The Dragons did not start well as the very first kick off went out on the full and the penalty to London saw the visitors on the front foot straight away.

The pressure following the early mistake from Catalans was fearsome but back to back penalties saw Dixon kick the first penalty of the game and the score was 0 – 2.

Within five minutes they had forced a goal line dropout with Walker knocking it dead and from the next play a Catalans Penalty on our 10m line they ran the ball out wide but there was Ryan Morgan to intercept who passed outside to Dixon who was gone down the wing and over for the opening try of the game.

The winger converted his own try and the Broncos led 0 – 8 with 9 minutes gone.

On 16 minutes Olsi Krasniqi, playing his 100th game for London was adjudged to have tipped Greg Bird and saw Yellow putting London down to 12 men early in the half.

Sets were traded but it seemed knock on after knock on curtailed the Catalans side. The Broncos defence stood resolute and right on the hooter Lewis Tierney had the line in his grasp but a fantastic last ditch tackle from Dixon kept the halftime score at 0 – 8.

Within three minutes of the restart the Dragons had hit back as Williame burst over the line in the corner. Tony Gigot missed the kick and the gap was now down to only four points.

The half followed the pattern of the first and when on 51 minutes Catalans conceded a Penalty on the London line the hosts cleared their lines. From the tap the ball went from Kear to Williams, Williams to Walker and the young fullback was over the line and under the posts.

Dixon converted from in front of the posts and the Broncos now led  4 – 14 with still 29 minutes to play.

On 56 minutes again it looked like a certainty that Catalans would score but the Broncos defence and a knock from the hosts denied them again.60 minutes in and London lost Matty Fozard to a head injury that saw Cunningham return and Fozard’s race was run.

Another penalty to London on 60 minutes and again up stepped Dixon this time from 30m out to kick between the posts and extend the lead.

The Broncos were leaving everything on the field by now and the hits just kept flying in from both sides when suddenly on 71 minutes Brock Lamb dropped into the pocket to kick a drop goal and almost putting the game out of reach of the Dragons.

The final action of the half saw Greg Bird shown a yellow card and at the hooter the Broncos celebrated yet another win in Catalans.

The win still keeps them at the foot of the table but forces their rivals to take a harder look over their shoulder now.


LONDON BRONCOS :- Walker, Dixon, Morgan, Kear, Williams, Abdull, Lamb, Battye, Cunningham, Krasniqi, Pitts, Lovell, Yates

INTERCHANGES :- Fozard, Hindmarsh, Gee, Armitage

TRIES:- Dixon, Walker

GOALS:- Dixon 4/4


CATALANS DRAGONS:- Gigot, Mead, Romano, Williame, Tierney, Bird, Langi, Bousquet, Da Costa, Kasiano, Whitley, Garcia, Casty

INTERCHANGES:- Edwards, Simon, Albert, Maria

TRIES:- Williame

GOALS:- Gigot 0/1