London Broncos head coach Andrew Henderson has named his 19-man squad to face Dewsbury Rams this Sunday at The Tetley’s stadium (kick-off 3:00pm).
Henderson makes just one change to last week’s squad, Elliot Minchella returns and replaces Toby Everett. Minchella missed out last week with concussion sustained in the game against Halifax.
“It was good to get back to winning ways against Whitehaven. We played some really good rugby at times and improved in certain areas of our game that we were poor in against Halifax the week before,” said head coach Andrew Henderson.
“There were a lot of positives but again still some areas of our game that we let ourselves down in but overall I was pretty pleased with the performance.
“I’m hoping that Dewsbury don’t prove to be our bogey team. We met them in a pre-season friendly and they did a job on us. Then they came to our place in the first half of the season and managed to grind out a result. The team’s drastically different to what it was then. I think we’ve improved in a lot of areas and Dewsbury have too. That was a fantastic result for them last week against Featherstone.”
19-man squad (corporate/personal sponsors)
7. William Barthau | Wyld and Williams / Alan and Stephen Archard
38. James Cunningham | Available
34. Matt Davis | Available
15. Matt Garside | Hardyman Limited / Ricky Wilby
5. Ben Hellewell | NP Electrics and Testing / Mark Gates
32. Elliot Kear | Foxboro Accountants
19. Joe Keyes | Bob Holt Trust / Rob and Mandy Smith
12. Rhys Lovegrove | Jeff Banks-Vic Alexander / Alan Elrick
20. Iliess Macani | Bob Holt Trust / Peter Durham
31. Elliot Minchella | Simply AC / Maureen and Mark Gates
4. Wes Naiqama | Try Tag Rugby / Sussex Merlins
9. Ray Nasso | Brownlow Wealth Management / Aaron Lomax
16. Glenn Riley | J and L Asbetos / Chris Appleton
29. Jamie Thackray | World Wireless IT / Rob and Mandy Smith
22. Oscar Thomas | Focus Telecoms / Gregory Wellman
36. Jonny Walker | Loan
18. Jonathan Wallace | Bob Holt Trust / Yvonne and Steve
37. Jason Walton | Available
2. Rhys Williams | Prime Health / Gary Tetlow and Mike Toley
London Broncos face two consecutive away trips (Dewsbury 12th July, 3pm and Workington 19th July, 3pm) before their final game before the Super 8s at home to Sheffield Eagles on Sunday 26th July, kick-off 3pm.
For tickets visit www.venuetoolbox.com/londonbroncos, or call 0208 381 3800 for the ticket office. Save 20% on adult tickets, use code EARLYBIRD-SHEFFIELD online before 11.59pm on Friday 24th July. You can also see the game in style, Members can upgrade to hospitality for just £20 (usual price £40) Email [email protected] for further information, or you can book at www.londonbroncosrl.com/commercial/hospitality/.
See details of our Sheffield game and Play-off ticket deal package here, www.londonbroncosrl.com/news/play-off-ticket-package/