Interim head coach Andrew Henderson has named his squad for Sunday’s round 5 Kingstone Press Championship game against Whitehaven at the Recreation Ground (kick-off 3pm).
Henderson said: “Jamie Thackray (pictured) could feature this week, he’s got another week under his belt and he’s trained well. I feel he’s got something to offer so could feature in the final 17.
“Jarrod Sammut is back with us on dual-registration for another week and he’s forming a good combination with Tom Gilmore, I’m hopeful we can retain them longer term.
“We’ve prepared well and the boys are looking forward to the challenge that awaits them at Whitehaven, they are excited at the prospect of back-to-back wins.”
Also included in the squad is former player Dave Williams who joins the club on loan this week from London Skolars. The towering 6ft 7in prop, 26, played 29 games for Harlequins RL (now London Broncos) during a four year spell from 2008-2011 before moving to London Skolars where his has played close to 100 games.
Henderson said: “Dave is a useful addition to our squad at the moment considering the injuries we’ve had recently. Dave will bring Super League and Championship experience and is what I class as an established player. It gives me the option to rest some of our young forwards this week. I’d like to thank Hector McNeil and London Skolars for their support in loaning us Dave.
“It’s a great story the fact that Dave has come through the club’s system, was surplus to requirements, and is now back with the club this weekend. He’s had a few years at Skolars in Championship 1 furthering his development and now has an opportunity back with the Broncos during this loan.”
Henderson confirmed that Wes Naiqama will captain the side in the absence of Richie Mathers (ankle) and Nick Slyney (shoulder). Mathers is sidelined with an ankle injury but it is hoped he’ll be available for next Friday’s Challenge Cup game with Leigh.
19-man squad (corporate/personal sponsors)
17. Erjon Dollapi | Oakland Computer Services / Vini and Julie Riley
14. Brad Dwyer | Asgard Media / The Smiths
23. Toby Everett | Bob Holt Trust / Lucy and Megan Campbell
3. Ben Farrar | Payment Sense / Paul Campbell
15. Matt Garside | Hardyman Limited / Ricky Wilby
28. Tom Gilmore | Loan
11. Daniel Harrison | Focus IT / Mark Rammond
5. Ben Hellewell | NP Electrics and Testing / Mark Gates
12. Rhys Lovegrove | Jeff Banks-Vic Alexander / Alan Elrick
20. Iliess Macani | Bob Holt Trust / Peter Durham
4. Wes Naiqama | Try Tag Rugby / Sussex Merlins
9. Ray Nasso | Brownlow Wealth Management / Aaron Lomax
27. Jarrod Sammut | Dual Reg
29. Jamie Thackray | Trial
22. Oscar Thomas | Focus Telecoms / Gregory Wellman
18. Jonathan Wallace | Bob Holt Trust / Yvonne and Steve
21. Joel Wicks | Bob Holt Trust / Duncan Smith
30. Dave Williams | Loan
2. Rhys Williams | Prime Health / Gary Tetlow and Mike Toley
Sunday 15th March
Whitehaven v London Broncos 3pm @ Recreation Ground
The Broncos next home league game is on Saturday 28th March (kick-off 3pm), for tickets visit www.venuetoolbox.com/londonbroncos and use ‘EARLYBIRD-HALIFAX’ for 20% off adult tickets. You can also see the game in style, Members can upgrade to hospitality for just £20 (usual price £40) Email [email protected] for further information or to book.