08 May 15
By Broncos Media
Posted in Club News

London Broncos set to donate to the Danny Jones fund

London Broncos Rugby League are set to donate to the Danny Jones fund after this Sunday’s game with Featherstone Rovers.

The club will donate £2 for every ticket sold and will hold a bucket collection at Sunday’s game, where London Broncos host Featherstone Rovers at The Hive (kick-off 3pm). The players and staff will also donate to the fund while the London Broncos Chairman David Hughes will personally donate £1000. There will be a one minute silence before the game to show respects for Danny.

There will also be a silent auction in operation with a portion of the proceeds going towards the fund, which includes; Lionel Messi hand signed Barcelona Shirt, a Wayne Rooney hand signed football boot and a Lewis Hamilton MBE hand signed limited edition art print plus much more. The auction items will be situated in the Amber suite before the game which is open to hospitality guests only. Representatives will be available in the main bar to talk you through items that are on show. Post-match the auction items will be accessible to all in the Amber Suite, where the man of the match presentation will also take place.

A Broncos spokesperson said: “Everyone at London Broncos would like to extend their deepest sympathies to the family, friends and team-mates of Danny Jones following the tragic news. Our thoughts are also with the Keighley club at this time. The news touched everyone at the club and as a club we were keen to help add to the fund which has been set up by the RFL Benevolent Fund.”

The fundraising page, set up by the RFL Benevolent Fund, has already surpassed £80,000. You can pledge your support here www.justgiving.com/dannyjones29 or donate in person on Sunday at The Hive.

The RFL confirmed on Sunday evening that Keighley Cougars player Danny Jones passed away after suffering a suspected cardiac arrest during a League 1 match against London Skolars. He leaves behind a wife and five-month old twins.

Jones who was 29, collapsed after being replaced early in the match and was treated by the match doctor and paramedics at the ground before being taken to the Royal Free Hospital. Despite extensive efforts to resuscitate him, Jones passed away at the hospital.